Idea: Perfect Reader Application/Service
Yea, I love consuming from my iPad but it’s messy. I read in GReader and star stuff to read. Then I read stared stuff in Flipboard, but if I want to bookmark it in Delicious I have to “Open in Safari” and use the bookmarklet. Or I can “Read Later” to add it to iOS’ reading list, if it’s a link on the page I’m reading. But if it’s something from the page you’re reading (and you’re viewing it in Flipboard but not in the Flipboard web browser) then you can hit “Save for Reading” and it saves to Pocket, where I can tag directly to Delicious (but not modify tags for existing links).
Messy messy messy..
My current process: I use GReader (where I star things) and Flipboard on my Galaxy II… Sometimes tweet directly from them too but I lack a consistent “Read Later” aside from the star… And don’t bookmark enough but would like to. It’s a mess.
I would like one fluid app for it all. Initial Browse, Read Now, Read Later, Share, Read again / Find again /Search… On any/multiple devices. I’d pay for a service that does all this.
1. Multidevice (Normal Browser, Android, iPad, iPhone)
2. Easy of Subscribing of GReader
3. Flipping and easy reading type of Flipboard
4. Never have to go directly to a site… (more has to do with the content providers that sometimes provide snipits on their feeds)
5. Add to a read later queue (w/ Same readability)
6. Easy to Share (various social networks)
7. Add to a Saved list.. That contains all the content and tags/categories with in them.. and be full text searchable. Delicious like…
8. Also could integrate into browser bookmarks. (chrome and other bookmark syncs)
Someone make it and take my money!
Does anyone want to add anything to the list?